Monday, June 22, 2009

I am the Quartermaster

Project and Roles assigned

The Group Work Camps, who organizes the mission trips, does a fantastic job not only with organizing and stationing the entire list of projects, sites and transportation but they also prepare solid programming for everyone involved. (Including this handy book!) The programs are designed with general (not to be confused with vague) words and concepts found in scripture in order to be useful to all denominations. As they say from Roman Catholic to Southern Baptist. So we have daily crew devotions and reflection time and then each night we gather with our youth group for our own devotion time.
The main theme this week is Reveal (luke 4:14-21). And every night the crews will be conducted through a program by the red shirts (those in charge) to highlight a specific aspect of the verse/theme.
Monday-Release: for the captives
Tuesday-Sight: to the blind
Wednesday-Freedom: for the oppressed
Thursday-The day: of the lords favor

Speaking of crews, tonight I met mine and I know already it will be a good week. Two are from my own group: Devon and Lyndsay. The other two are Nissa from Texas and Nick from Michigan. (I have already established Ohio's dominance over Michigan- no worries here.). After the required team building exercise (our egg did not survive the fall with its landing gear, but we feel certain with multiple attempts it would stand to have more positive results) we were able to visit and assign crew roles.
I am the quarter master, responsible for the tools at our sight. The other roles; break maker, organizer, work manager, and devotion leader speak for themselves.

Now, its lights out at eleven and up at 6:45 to paint the interior of a house, repair some small holes and rebuild a back deck and stairs.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: