Each crew is assigned a list of jobs at a site- to be completed as much as possible. The red shirts come around to the sites to check on each crew and see what is needed. In order to finish our porch we actually needed a few more 2x6's since we used a few to shore up the original supports under the decking. We also needed some more primer for the house- three fourths of the house is primed, so tomorrow we can at least put a solid first coat of antique white on the house. The porch is done, but we didn't get to the interior painting-
The red shirts here prepare and train, and then stay on site for six (seven?) weeks, as new groups come in each week to continue the work a previous group couldn't finish or begin new projects. Some red shirt positions are selected from the youth groups who are there for the week, and this time one was from our group: Mike! He was the best- he tooks myself and Fred to Wal Mart for supplies, and now I have a new sleeping bag.
I'd never buy one at home-but here it becomes a necessity: and so the purchase is made. The main red shirt leaders do this all summer, and to keep up the energy they do requires lots of dedication and lots of inner strength. They do a really good job.
Program tonight focused on the story or the paralyzed man, lowered into a house where Jesus was to be healed. Freeing the oppressed-
I've run twice this week- and had a few runners come with me each time. I really enjoy running in places I've never been- today after our work but before dinner we ran along the sea wall here at Port Arthur. Just a little ways as the heat did reach somewhere over a hundred today. Still it felt good and the spaghetti dinner I had right after tasted great too. :)
One more day-
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment