Saturday, June 16, 2007

Graduation and Education

What are you looking at? Honestly? How did you get here. . . :)

My sister just graduated,and I recently attended the ceremony, where this wonderful child and I spent a long 2.5 hours. He was able to sleep thorough most of it, I however, was not. Of course I am very proud of her, she's going to be in police work, and shes going to do very well. Hell, her grades were way better than mine in college, and I thought I did pretty decent. . .


Being a teacher, I often am unable to travel much further than the television or local movie theatre will take me, however I was awarded the opportunity to visit Ball State University for Advanced Placement Training. I was tapped to teach the new class, having taught an honors version for two years, and I went into this 'training' session thinking I will receive methods and ideas on how to better teach a class. After sitting through a grueling 4 day week of straight lecture, I am in the same spot I was before the conference, only now I have a few pages of outlines and three new textbooks to sample. Pretty long, pretty boring, but we did have 30 bucks for dinner over the course of three nights. Not exactly what was advertised. . .

Now I'm in Chicago, and I will have more pictures for you soon. Not sure who "you" are, but there may be some.


And this here is Desdamona.

+ J. Merchant

No comments: