Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday

Who is ready for another day of mission? These girls, that's who!

Today the crew split into two sections: One stayed back at base with the clients and hung out all day interacting and relating with the individuals who come to Hope Homes for day programming. Today was Bingo day, and from what I have been told it was a huge hit and our girls were really exhausted when I returned from working at one of the Program homes. This was group two: myself, pastor, Ethan and Justin. Justin was in charge of taking pictures, so here are a few from our work today. Some inside touch up painting on the walls, ramp and steps, and then 6 yards of mulch to deploy around the house. I. Love. Mulching. Odd? Yes. Awesome? Indeed!

YOUR TURN! :)

Lots of mulch, all piled in the drive way for easy access, and let me tell you. I love using a pitch fork. . . I think I should grow hay just to be able to fling it with a pitch fork. I . . . I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just really enjoy using the pitch fork. :)
Pastor John laying down on the job. Hes fallen, and he cant get up. !
Touch up paint room two. Room one, well I was told to use one bucket of paint for all the rooms. . . but room one was a lighter color. They will fix it later.
Sam made a mess painting the trim on this wall yesterday. She was on her ladder, and tipped her cup of paint a little too much, and it spilled in a big nasty splotch all over the carpet. Then, when she was getting down off the ladder, her foot hit the ladder and again the WHOLE cup came crashing down. . . oh Sam. So as penance, she had to clean the ENTIRE carpet from one end of the room to the other, using nothing but a wet rag and Goo b Gone.
Parts of that story are true. Parts are false. This is like one of those game shows where you have to guess which is right so you can stay married or win pizza or something like that. Good luck!

An exterior shot of the office for Hope Homes. I really love my new camera my sister picked me up for my birthday - playing with all the settings is a real treat. . . and this one where it will stitch together three images into one panoramic view is AWESOME.

For dinner we grilled Pork Chops and Ham Steak, with Corn, Green Beans, Grilled Onion/Red Onion/Carrots, salad, baked potatoes and Nuddy Butties for desert. A good day all around!

Tonight: S'mores. Over a charcoal fire. :)

No comments: