Sunday, May 17, 2009

Comic Character Sketches

I was cleaning up the basement the other day and ran across some sketches I did at some point during the end of school last year.

I have always toyed with the idea of drawing comics, from early times hanging out with Brent and Brian drawing at their hosues through college and now its turned into something just to pass the time when I need to relax. . . Scott has a great internet comic (because he comes through on EVERYTHING) so maybe an internet comic? Hmmm


Playing with drawing Sadness. . .






Brian, Tim and others have made apperances on a regualr basis. . . though mostly I jsut draw the covers to imagined comics. Tim is Dr. Ugly, and Brian is a Ninjay - in his own mind.


The first is Jedi Spider Jones. . . hahaha. Spiderman is just fun to draw doing anything. ANYTHING.


Okay - so some characters I draw on a semi regular basis are Achmel and Rahim - who both have adventures with their time traveling pants, or as they are know "dos pantalones"

Basically its me and an old friend Jeff in a highly cartooned form, co created through ICQ conversations during college - I wear a fedora shirt tie and leather jacket, Jeff a detroit tigers hat and misfits t shirt - and cordory pants. Beyond that. . .
Just a few mock up covers - not as good as some others but all I have in front of me.








I also seem to be forever drawing Mortal Kombat Charaters, Greg, Dave and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. . . and of course Captain America. (With some awful abdomen muscles - urgh. . . )
Greg - another character from grade school - created by a friend of mine Aaron -



Lots of characters to draw on - if I can keep a regular schedue maybe Ill throw a few sketches up now and again when I find them or draw new ones. I have a lot already drawn - they are EVERYWHERE in stacks of papers - I need to clean anyway.

Have a great day!

No comments: