
Youth Group Retreat 08
All went well at Camp Kern, this weekend, aside from my viral whosemawhatzit I seem to have caught the time spent there was great. Considerable differences were clear between this year and last years retreat, both held at the same area:1. No Snow
2. Temperature above freezing
3. The sun was out
4. It wasn't windy
5. It was warm.
2. Temperature above freezing
3. The sun was out
4. It wasn't windy
5. It was warm.

However, it was still, like last year, exceptionally muddy. We still had a wonderful time. The kids as always were fantastic, the teen talks were good and the outdoor/indoor events went off without a hitch.

I did not bring my camera with me for any of the outdoor activities on Saturday, so I will be putting up pictures of Tango Tower, Mine Shaft and the Climbing Wall when I can get a hold of some from the kids.
We spent time inside hearing witness talks, writing affirmations and chow time, with free time/Apples to Apples time thrown in too.

Our good buddy Chuck came with us again as a chaperon. Like last year, he was awesome. We recruited him from out of the Loveland area, meeting him on our mission trip to New Orleans a few years ago. He has to be one of the most sincere and honestly true men I have ever met, and the kids gravitate to him as well.
While we did most of our group work and talks in a conference building on one end of camp, we slept in a cabin at the other by Elk Lake. I spent my mornings for a few minutes hanging out here, it was pretty peaceful.

I hope everyone is having a nice April. I cut the front yard for the first time this year, which means I cut a little off the top and blew all the old dead leaves to the middle so I could rake them. Ill do the back yard tomorrow I think, before I put in the garden experiment. Tomato's, potatoes, Zucchini, bell peppers I know for sure, the rest is up in the air. Corn? Dad said it may not grow too well but I might give it a shot. My friend Ben wants to grow pumpkins. . . not sure why but hey I don't care. His wife is going to help out with the garden too so it will be a nice little community plot. I'm pretty excited about that.
Its been a pleasant Sunday, time for a bit of school planning.
No comments:
Post a Comment